Jeannie Moon, one of the nicest people in the writing world. Jeannie gave me the "Stylish Blogger Award." The award is stylishly designed in sparkly gradient text for a writer to "pay it forward," part of supporting our own, and please, check out some of these lovely writers. Some are Already There, some are Almost Ready, but read them and follow them and comment on their posts. I know they have inspired me.
Part of paying this forward means that I also have to tell you some things about me, so, er hmm, here goes:
1. Unless the thermometer ticks toward 90 degrees, I cannot write without socks on my feet.
2. I have most of my MBA, just not the part that got me the degree. Oh, and the 5-year window Loyola gives you to complete the degree after you have those babies? They're serious.
3. Though I don't write about them, I love zombie books and movies. Rule #2 in Zombieland? Double Tap!
4. My musical career path was derailed when Mr. Hinman, eleventh grade, told me it "was join marching band or quit orchestra" all together. I studied journalism.
5. My dad was an engineer and an ambidextrous caricature artist; not about me, but if you know me, it explains a lot. :)
6. I don't have a tattoo, but I know a writer who got one when she turned forty. :)
And now, I'm paying it forward to these blogging writers. Check them out; I think you will find their words inspiring, too.
K. Marie Criddle C'mere
K.M. Weiland Wordplay
Megan K. Bickel
Kendra C. Highley
Julie Lindsey Musings From the Slushpile
Jody Sparks & Butterflies
Elizabeth Cornwell Literary Misadventurer
Denise Grover Swank
Crazy Writer Girl
Roni Loren Fiction Groupie
And, always, the lovely Jeannie Moon, to whom I am re-paying it forward.
Stop by the virtual homes of these lovelies and see why they are all, indeed, Stylish Bloggers. And, should you choose to accept this highly coveted Stylish Blogger award to handsomely display on your own blog shelf above your actual wood-burning fireplace, simply pay it forward: select a few not-so-cringe-worthy tidbits to share about yourself and link to other bloggers. Hopefully these writers will provide you inspiration in their words, and bring your attention to someone else, by paying it forward.